I've been researching for weeks and have tried the code that Pinterest has posted, but it did not work. Today I was finally able to figure out why my button wasn't working. The reason was because I was trying to use the horizontal Pin It button. The minute I tried the vertical button, voila! it worked. I really don't know if all the codes that Pinterest has posted work, but in case they don't and you too are trying to figure this out, here's the code. It should work on your blog too.
Here are the steps of what you have to do:
1. Go to Edit Html on your Blogger Dashboard under Design
2. Click "Expand Widget Templates"
3. Placement of button
- To have the button at the top of your posts copy and paste the Pin It Button code directly above / before <data:post.body/>
- To have the button at the bottom of your posts copy and paste the Pin It Button code directly below / under <data:post.body/>
- If instead you want the button right under your signature copy and paste the Pin It Button code directly above <div class='post-footer'> (this is what I did)
After finally solving this problem, it got me thinking how there are probably a few newbies just like me trying to figure out blogs. So to make life easier, I will be adding a new page to my blog entitled, "Blogging How To's". I will different things that I do to my blog that will hopefully help someone. My first post, "How to Add a Pin It Button" should be up shortly.
Hoping all of you have a wonderful weekend. 4 more days until my Spring Break!!!! Spread the life, love, and laughter friends :)